Lancaster Farm Fresh CSA Week 7

First things first. We have moved our blog! Our new home is at WordPress. If you are viewing this in Google Reader then everything should have switched over a-ok. If not, here is the link to our new blog: http://hellopa.wordpress.com/

I know this can be a pain, but I really hope everyone will keep reading! We just started having some issues with Blogger.

Another round from the CSA this week.  I traded out 2 zucchini for a green pepper and a bag of mini-white cucumbers for another head of green cabbage. We have so many cucumbers and still waiting to pickle them all… hopefully it will happen this week since I wasnt able to find pickling salt yet. Does “pickling salt” make a difference?

2 lemon cucumbers – certified organic – Elm Tree Organics

_MG_7200

2 head green cabbage – certified organic – Green Valley Organics

_MG_7132

2 green zucchini – certified organic – Bellview and Rolling Ridge Organics

_MG_7163

1 bag red and yellow slicing tomatoes – certified organic – Green Valley Organics

_MG_7209

1 bag red potatoes

_MG_7176

1 green bell pepper

_MG_7145

Tonight we used some of the CSA groceries to make ourselves a little slaw. We first julienned the green cabbage, green zucchini, lemon cucumber, yellow zucchini, carrots, beets, and cilantro. And a quick dressing of soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, sriracha, a touch of agave, black pepper, chili flakes, and granulated garlic.

First time using lemon cucumbers. They have a thicker skin than regular cucumbers which a slight scent/taste of citrus.

_MG_7217

Dinner time.

_MG_7224

Lauren also threw together some skillet fried chickpeas and red potatoes. Add in some cashew cream, corn, and a sprinkle of cilantro and your set.

_MG_7259

This entry was posted in CSA, Lancaster Farm Fresh CSA and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Lancaster Farm Fresh CSA Week 7

1. Woo! Congrats on the move to WordPress! It’s been a pain for me too, and I’m a little afraid of losing readers thanks to all the repeat posts popping up in readers as I edit them =/
    Question about readers – how’d you get it so that people subscribed to your Blogger page got automatically subscribed to the new feed??

PS—Those chickpea tacos are mouthwatering!!

• lchesnutt says:

Thanks! I am glad we can feel each others pain :)

I had feedburner on blogger for all of my feeds and when I switched over to wordpress I just changed the feed link on feedburner, it seemed to switch everything over rather seamlessly.
      I am not sure if you can go back and use it now though, but maybe?

2. Lacey says:

I love lemon cucumbers. MMMM. I’m adding this to my feed and removing your old one 😉 I’ll probably just switchover and start using my wordpress as well; the lack of comment features on blogger is really frustrating.

• lchesnutt says:

I HATE the comment feature on blogger. And yesterday it just stopped showing up comments people left. Thanks for adding the new one and let me know if you switch over!

3. Love the new look. I think the link even switched automatically on my blog roll because I clicked on your link and it took me here. That’s awesome.

4. Scargosun says:

YUM! I was planning on making slaw with my cabbage too but I threw my back out this morning and I am not seeing myself doing a lot of chopping tonight. Cucumber soup on my menu this week too. Hopefully tomorrow I will feel up to the task.

• audi666 says:

Do you have a good recipe for cucumber soup? Ive been meaning to try to make some since its been so hot.

5. Adam says:

Looks great. I really like the cleaness of wordpress. Ed and I used a wordpress template for chinonthetank and it worked well.

Juli and I had an appetizer with warm yellow tomatos last night at Reserrection Ale house and it was delicious. I’m interested to see how you two cook with them.

6. Amanda says:

Everything looks good on google over here! As does all your food. You two are so healthy it’s quite inspiring – and I’m even learning about new veggies. Lemon cucumber, what?!

• audi666 says:

Good good! Glad the switch was seemless. Hah I dont know if were really that healthy but we’ve gotten a lot better than a while ago. Yah i know, lemon cucumbers are quiet different.

7. Adam says: