The Vegan Girl’s Guide to Life

A few months ago Melisser, The Urban Housewife, announced that she was releasing her first book, The Vegan Girl’s Guide to Life. I was pretty excited about this book, because it seemed like it would hit on a lot of different aspects about being vegan.

The Vegan Girl's Guide to Life

Grindcore House was awesome enough to host her Philly book signing.

The Vegan Girl's Guide to Life

Melisser and I had talked through blogs for a bit, but we had never actually met. So it was pretty fun to finally get to meet and hang out. Although she did put me to work during the book signing as her money taker, not maker.

The Vegan Girl's Guide to Life

Sweet Swallows Baking was awesome enough to provide some free desserts. It got a little dangerous sitting behind the desserts all night.
The Vegan Girl's Guide to Life

Dynise, The Urban Vegan, even stopped by. I met Dynise once during the middle of a half marathon, so it was great to meet her under other circumstances, aka not being all sweaty.
The Vegan Girl's Guide to Life

After the book signing we made our way to Blackbird because apparently I am on a pizza only diet.

The biggest bummer of the night? This funfetti cake. It sucked.

But I should end by saying that The Vegan Girl’s Guide to Life is awesome. I started reading it the other night and it is jammed pack with information. I think this book would be a great resource for anyone, vegan or not. And hopefully it would convince some people to go vegan, because that would be the super awesome thing to do. So you should definitely by a copy and support Melisser. She put a ton of research into this book.

16 Responses to The Vegan Girl’s Guide to Life

1. d-dandy says:

oooo, who invited the sex machine in the red two by four shirt!? ;D

2. Gracia says:

Super fun night, fantastic book, great people, amazing vegan pizza….what more could I ask for?

It was great meeting you!

3. Vanessa says:

Yay! I’m so excited to check this book out!

4. Jessica says:

Isn’t that book great?! I got my copy the other day & I LOVE it. I knew it would be awesome, but it’s even better than I expected. Packed full of so much good info & fab recipes!

Love the pictures! Looks like a great time!

look at you hob-nobbin’ with those famous interweb vegan ladies! lucky! :)
    i definitely have to pick up melisser’s new book.

6. Ahh thanks for this post!! I can’t wait to get the book- I’m sorry I missed her at Grindcore. I’m fairly new to this whole vegan business and am hungry for as much information as possible :)

oh i totally understand! it’s a lot to handle. i definitely recommend the book, i just started reading it and there is so much information in there!

and if you ever have any questions feel free to ask me or eric. there is definitely a learning curve with all of this, and you just have to accept that there are times you will screw up. but just move on and forward after that.

7. Ahh, I love Dynise! And Melisser’s awesome too. What a cool night for you!

8. jackie says:

You need to get back into portraiture asap. JUST FYI.

9. It was awesome meeting you guys the other night! The pictures of the cupcakes look amazing; I might totally use that on my site. I’m in awe of your photo skills!