Tourists in Our Own City

After living in a couple of lackluster places, Eric and I always try to take advantage of what Philadelphia has to offer. I absolutely love living here, and think it’s a super awesome place, with a ton of things going on. It’s not too big, not too small, but has so many options.

There are plenty of touristy things to do here as well. I’ve gotten to do a lot over the past years but there are still a few left on the list. One of the major ones was going to the City Hall Observation Deck.

We have tried to go to the deck a few times, but it’s always been sold out or closed. We decided we would try to go up again today, and were finally successful!

After buying our tickets we took a super tiny elevator all the way up. It was well worth it for the views.
Philadelphia City Hall Observation Deck

Philadelphia City Hall Observation Deck

Philadelphia City Hall Observation Deck

The observation deck is only open during the week, and is $5/person. Tours are every 15 minutes, but only a few people can go on each tour, so try to get there early!

Philadelphia City Hall Observation Deck

Philadelphia City Hall Observation Deck

Philadelphia City Hall Observation Deck

Everything looked so tiny! Down there is Love Park, you could barely make out the sign.
Philadelphia City Hall Observation Deck

Philadelphia City Hall Observation Deck

We were right under William Penn’s feet. See I told you it took you all the way to the top.
Philadelphia City Hall Observation Deck

13 Responses to Tourists in Our Own City

1. Leslie says:

Is it sad I didnt even know there was an observation deck?

2. LG says:

Lackluster!!! Well, all I have to say is, “Lubbock or Leave It.” Ha. Glad to see that you two enjoyed your holiday time together. Happy New Year!

3. Haha! Loved your New Years Party pics! And the City Hall deck looks awesome! I wish Memphis had more tall buildings. Our downtown is kinda lame.

4. simon says:

It is totally ok to be a Tourist in your town. I feel that way all the time

5. kristastes says:

That’s awesome! I have STILL never been up there in my 25 years of living in philly haha!

you should take my out-of-town friends sight-seeing. i’m not from here but i still hate doing that stuff. i cringe whenever friends ask me to take them to “the cheese steak place” or whatever. haha, ugh. the liberty bell is ok, i guess. 😛

haha, i hear ya! i hate going to reading terminal. it’s always so crowded and there really aren’t any veg-friendly options (besides basic 4, which is closed pretty much all the time).

7. Alex says:

You have inspired me. I am totally going to do this!!!

8. Ashley says:

I’m moving to philly after law school as boyfriend is being relocated there by comcast. So I love this post as it gives me a sneak peak :). I can’t wait!