Photos From The Weekend

Lunch

Baking bread

Eric and I started the weekend off right with some good food. We ate a lot of salads and I’ve recently become obsessed with artichoke hearts. They are taking my salads to a whole new level.
I also baked some bread, which I hadn’t done in a while. I used this recipe from The New York Times and it was really simple and turned out delicious.

Friday afternoon we grabbed some beers at Kraftwork in Fishtown.

Then we walked over to the newly opened Frankford Hall. It’s Stephen Starr’s latest creation and is a German-esque beer hall. I’ve been anxiously awaiting its opening because I kind of love all things German. I minored in German in college and studied abroad in a small town outside of Berlin. It’s a really nice place and I love that most of it is outside. They also have a few titsch-tennis tables (ping pong).

Finally, on our walk home we stopped in Standard Tap for another beer, hah, and shared some fries.

Kraftwork

Frankford Hall

Frankford Hall

Standard Tap

I made friends with the cutest cat on the walk home. It’s hard to tell in these photos, but his face looked EXACTLY like Grissom’s. It addition to loving all things German, I also love all things cats!

Totally normal to pet stray cats

Totally normal to pet stray cats

Pretty much all of Saturday was spent watching my blogger BFF Leslie get married!!

Leslie's Wedding

I’ve had the pleasure of getting to know Leslie, and her now-husband Charles, over the past year! We’ve had a lot of fun running together, shopping together and enjoying a beer or two together, so it was really nice of them to invite me and Eric to join them on this special day!

Leslie and Charles both attended Villanova and their ceremony was held at the chapel on campus. I had never been to the campus so it was really nice to finally see it.

Leslie's Wedding

Leslie looked so pretty and her dress was gorgeous. Like I can’t stop talking about it gorgeous.

Leslie's Wedding

Their reception was held at Greystone Lodge out near West Chester and was such a cool place for a reception.

Leslie's Wedding

Leslie's Wedding

Leslie even had a whole blogger crew and blogger table.

Leslie's Wedding
Melissa, Ashley, Leslie, Sabrina, me, and Meghann

There was a cocktail hour then a sit down dinner out on the covered patio.

Leslie's Wedding

And then the best part, A PHOTOBOOTH! And what’s even better, the photobooth printed out two of each, one for you to keep and one for Leslie and Charles! We had a lot of fun in there!

Photobooth at Leslie's WeddingPhotobooth at Leslie's WeddingPhotobooth at Leslie's Wedding

On Sunday, Eric and I met some friends and went to the Piazza because we had heard there was a big adoption day event going on. The place was packed with people and animals and it was kind of awesome.
Adoption Day at The Piazza

We walked all around oohing and aahing at the animals, especially all the kittens stacked on top of each other!
Adoption Day at The Piazza

Adoption Day at The Piazza

Adoption Day at The Piazza

And there was a pig!!
Adoption Day at The Piazza

After that we headed over to the Punk Rock Flea Market. It’s a big event packed full of sweaty, smelly hipsters and punks and people sell all sorts of things, from clothes to records to cupcakes and so much more.
Punk Rock Flea Market

Punk Rock Flea Market

We saw a few cool things, like these awesome terrariums.
Punk Rock Flea Market

I spent my money buying a cookie sandwich from Sweet Swallows Baking and some ice cream from Little Baby’s Ice Cream.

Punk Rock Flea Market

Punk Rock Flea Market

It was awesome to end the weekend with some ice cream!
Punk Rock Flea Market

19 Responses to Photos From The Weekend

1. Fawn says:

It looks like you had an awesome weekend. You should have thrown dancing at the Barbary in there on Saturday night and it would have looked like my weekend… minus the wedding!

2. Jessica says:

Just found your blog but so cute! I’m a PA girl (actually just visited TX for the first time to see my brothers fam) but live near Harrisburg. I love Philly though- I actually had my bachelorette party there last year and visit at least once a year for an Eagles game. Anyways just wanted to say hi and glad I found your blog! :)

3. Blair says:

That salad looks amazing! Can you please share what’s all in there?? Dressing? Thanks!!

Hey Blair! I’ve been using this dressing – http://www.dailygarnish.com/2011/01/my-favorite-homemade-salad-dressing.html
      I will say, it’s not for the faint of heart, hah. Eric doesn’t like it and thinks it’s too strong. I, on the other hand, really like.

p.s. I know I owe you an email reply and I am sorry, sorry, sorry! Life got busy and my inbox got out of control, but this week I will email you back!

• Blair says:

Thanks, Lauren! Can’t wait to try it :)
        No worries about the reply, I’m sure you’re busy.
        However, I do have news I wanted to share with you… I got into the NYC Marathon! This isn’t my first marathon, but it will be my first as a vegan. I’m nervous about my diet and training. I wasn’t expecting to get in!

WOOHOO! That’s so awesome!! Congrats on getting in. Well maybe we can trade tips while we both train for our marathons this year, I am so clueless, haha.

4. Sonia says:

the pictures look fabulous! I love the ones from the adoption day…the kitties are too sweet and look sooooo soft :) I too love all things about cats!

5. kristastes says:

I can’t wait to check out Frankford Hall..my teammate was there yesterday afternoon and said they had a band, complete w/guys in lederhosen lol! Next time you’re heading over there let me know :)

6. tasty moog says:

kittehs!!! šŸ˜€

we are waiting for the buzz to die down a bit before we try frankford hall. please tell me there weren’t too many dbags there! that’s why i am avoiding it. my man definitely wants to get in on that ping pong table action. :)

lol we were at silk city, jb’s, and kraftwork too at various points over the past few days.

Soo we went around 6pm and it wasn’t too crowded and not douchey at all. But when we left it the douche factor had started to rise. I think I would avoid late nights for a bit.
      And I have a feeling it will be like that for a bit, then people will no longer want to travel all the way up there, or hopefully they will be scared off by the Girard el stop.

7. So nice to see you on Sunday! And OMG, those stacked kitties made my heart melt. TOO CUTE.

8. Looks like a super fun weekend. I too like all things German- in fact the next post I am going to write is going to be about something German that I did this weekend :)

9. Kitties on kitties!!!!!! It doesn’t get much better than that.

10. Angela says:

Hi, did you happen to get the card or name of the person that makes the terrariums?
    Thanks!