Another Bike in the Stable

Out with the old,

IMG_0644

and in with the new.

IMG_4564

IMG_4568

I took the new bike on her first commute this morning. Far from finished, but its running just in time for the rain.

IMG_2719

I’m excited to have a real commuter bike with plenty of tire clearance and plenty of braze-ons like rack & fender mounts. I found this used/new bike at a CO-OP store that was run by volunteers where proceeds went towards The Boys and Girls Club. While were we at the shop we were able to donate a bike that we weren’t using as well as some other random parts which hopefully make it onto a sweet bike. I was hoping this would be the last bike for a while but Lauren has been talking about a cyclocross bike… 1 bedrooms weren’t made for this many bikes.

7 Responses to Another Bike in the Stable

1. David T. says:

wait a second here. you’re telling me you found a salsa vaya with paul component brake levers and a chris king headset used at a bike co-op? what?

2. Eric says:

Im still not completely sure of the story behind it but the bikes brand new minus these old school aero bars that were on it…

3. Kimbro says:

Not to mention what appears to be an ENO crankset. Nice score!

4. Eric says:

You guys have good eyes. Yah they’re ENO cranks but I pulled them for now since I don’t have any splined chain rings. Not sure if ill keep them or not but I like the possibility of SS/1×9 setup.

Yah, it was a deal I couldn’t pass up.

5. Ben says:

Looks so comfy! Makes me want to ride to work tomorrow

6. maegan says:

love your new salsa vaya, eric! i have been dreaming about that one for a while…nice find at the co-op!