A bit of progress at 8 weeks

Like I’ve done every two weeks for the past two months, yesterday was my doctor’s appointment. When I went two weeks ago my doc wanted me to get some CT scans so he could see if more surgery might be a possibility. Since then I have been a bit nutty and there were multiple breakdowns when I thought about the prospect of more surgery. Thank god for Eric, who kept having to remind me that the doc didn’t say I needed more surgery, just that it might happen, but I needed the scans to be able to even find out.

So last week I got my scans and yesterday I went to my appointment, and what do you know, it seems I worked myself up over nothing! My appointment was pretty good news all around!


My talus is still broken, but healing. Because of this I can’t put weight on my foot, walk, or start PT.

BUUUT…I am out of the cast(s)!! I now have an ankle brace and boot that I wear. Last night I got to wash my foot for the first time in 8 weeks! And then slathered it in coconut oil (to help the dry skin and the scar healing, also supposedly has anti-bacterial properties, and just smells good). And then I put a sock on. These were all weird, strange sensations.

I go back in 2 more weeks and I am hopefully for even more progress.

On a completely un-related note, this past weekend I made pretzels! I’ve missed cooking/baking while I have been injured. I can only stand on one leg for so long, and going around the kitchen getting multiple ingredients is a big pain. But this past weekend I needed to do something productive, and making something bread related seemed like a good plan. Minimum ingredients but very time intensive, which kept me occupied throughout the afternoon.


They turned out pretty good, especially for my first pretzel go round. I am excited to work on pretzels some more and hopefully nail down a pretty good “Philly style” one.

And to conclude the random post, below is a photo of me and Eric (and some friends) from a party last weekend! We’ve been trying to get out of the house as much as possible in between the snow storm now that I am feeling better. I was very adamant that my crutches NOT make an appearance in the photo.


This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to A bit of progress at 8 weeks

  1. K says:

    Hi. I’ve never commented on your blog before, but I’ve enjoyed it for a long time. I’m so sorry this happened to you. Your resilience and attitude concerning your recovery are admirable.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *